Federal Medical Centre, Azare, is a Federal Tertiary Health Institution located in Azare, Bauchi State, Nigeria. It is a fully-functional 442-bedded hospital with state-of-the-art medical equipment. The mandate of the Centre is to provide excellent healthcare services, training and research using professional staff and modern technology.
The Centre is a parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Health, established under Decree 10 of 1985 i.e. The University Teaching Hospitals [Reconstitutions of Boards] Act, Cap 462 on 6th June, 2000. It inherited the structure of the former General Hospital Azare for its takeoff on 21st October, 2000.
TOP MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (TMC)
- Front row from left:
- Alh. Mohammed I. Kari (Head of Admin), Dr. Abdullahi Ibrahim (Medical Director), Dr. Hayatu Ahmed (Head of Clinical Services)
- Back row from left:
- Pharm. Cordelia K. Drai (Head of Pharmacy), Alh. Aminu Nakaka Jibrin (Chief Admin Officer(MAC)), Dr. Auwal S. Jibrin (Deputy HCS), Malam Adamu Alhaji (Head of Nursing), Mal. Abdulhamid B. Shalumma (Head of Internal Audit), Mal. Lamara Zailani (Head of Finance & Supplies)
The original structure of the hospital was built by the British Colonial Government of Northern Nigeria. It consists of sprawling single level Bungalows linked by covered walk-ways. The hospital currently has a capacity of 300 beds with 17 wards and 10 clinics.
Its catchment area comprises of Bauchi and neighbouring states. The nearest tertiary institutions close to the centre are at Kano and Bauchi (about 200km to the West and south respectively), Maiduguri (about 400km to the East), and Gombe (about 225km to the North-east).
The Permanent Site of the Centre is located along Azare-Potiskum highway (in the area popularly called Bamako).
- Medical Director:
- | Dr. Abdullahi Ibrahim, MBBS (ABU), FMCP, MBA (BUK)
- Head of Administration:
- | Alh. Mohammed Ibrahim Kari, B.Sc (UNIMAID), PGDPA (ASCON, Lagos),MPA,(NOUN) MPPA (BUK), LHAN
- Head of Clinical Services:
- | Dr. Auwalu S. JIbrin
Copyright © FMC Azare 2020