The Administration Department is responsible for coordinating the activities of the various Departments/Units of the Centre in order to ensure that effective service delivery, training and research are achieved, maintained and sustaiined. In essence the Directorate ensures that the right caliber of personnel are employed, trained, re-trained and motivated to render effective and efficient service to humanity. The Directorate also oversee staff displinary matters, assists the Medical Director in translating the policies made by the Board of Management into reality. It is headed by an Assistant Director of Administration who oversees the affairs of the following units:
The Board of Management is the policy-making body. It formulates policy guidelines for the operations of the Centre. Generally the Board is responsible for:
Equipping, Maintaining, and Operating the hospital so as to provide facilities for diagnosis, Curative, Promotive, and rehabilitative services in medical treatment.
Constructing, Equipping, Maintaining and operating such clinics, out-patient departments, laboratories, research, or experimental stations and other like institutions as the Board considers necessary for the efficient functioning of the hospital.
Composition of the Board
The Board of Management consists of the following as members:
- A Chairman who shall be appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director of the hospital.
- One representative of the Federal Ministry of Health.
- Three persons nominated by the Minister of Health to present a wide variety of community interests in health matters.
- One representative of the Medical profession.
- One representative of other professions in the Health field, not being a staff of the hospital concerned.
- One representative of the Ministry of Health of the State in which the hospital is situated.
- The Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee of the hospital concerned.
- The Head of Administration who shall be the Secretary to the Board.