Mission and Vision
To provide excellent, affordable and effective Health care, Training and Research using qualified, well-trained and disciplined Staff.
To be the foremost Tertiary Health Institution providing excellent, accessible, affordable and effective Health care in the North-East Sub-Region through Training and Research.
The Centre, like other tertiary health institutions, is managed and run by a Medical Director and his Top Management Committee (TMC) comprising the Heads of the various main Departments. The Medical Director is answerable to the Board of Management which makes polices to be implemented by the Management.
The levels of authority in the Centre are thus:
1 - Board of Management
The Board of Management is the policy-making body. It formulates policy guidelines for the operations of the Centre. Generally the Board is responsible for:
- Equipping, Maintaining, and Operating the hospital so as to provide facilities for diagnosis, Curative, Promotive, and rehabilitative services in medical treatment.
- Constructing, Equipping, Maintaining and operating such clinics, out-patient departments, laboratories, research, or experimental stations and other like institutions as the Board considers necessary for the efficient functioning of the hospital.
COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD
The Board of Management consists of the following as members:
- A Chairman who shall be appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director of the hospital.
- One representative of the Federal Ministry of Health.
- Three persons nominated by the Minister of Health to present a wide variety of community interests in health matters.
- One representative of the Medical profession.
- One representative of other professions in the Health field, not being a staff of the hospital concerned.
- One representative of the Ministry of Health of the State in which the hospital is situated.
- The Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee of the hospital concerned.
- The Head of Administration who shall be the Secretary to the Board.
2 - Top Management Committee
This Committee is saddled with the responsibility for the proposal and implementation of policies for the day-to-day running of the Centre.
The members of the committee are:
- The Medical Director - Chairman
- Head of Clinical Services - Member
- Head of Administration - Member
- Head of Finance and Supplies - Member
- Head of Internal Audit - Member
- Head of Pharmaceutical Services - Member
- Head of Nursing Services - Member
- Chief Admin Officer - Secretary
LIST OF CLIENTS
- Intra-organization Clients: These include staff, their families and dependents.
- Inter-organizations Clients: This category comprises of:
- Civil Servants from all tiers of government and private clinics.
- Students of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary institutions.
- Employees of Corporate Organizations and Agencies.
- Patients on Referrals.
- External/Public Clients: Under this, there are:
- Individuals from the catchment area and beyond.
- Retainership clients.
- Foreigners residing or working in Nigeria.
Copyright © FMC Azare 2022