ALH. AHMAD HASSAN AL-GHAZALI
Board Chairman (2009-2011)
My name is Ahmad Hassan Al-Ghazali. I was born in Gwaram, Gwaram Local Government of Jigawa State. I did my primary school at Kila Primary School in Gwaram Local Government from 1952 to 1955, then went to City Senior Primary School Kano in 1956 and completed it in 1958. I was at Wudil Grade III Teachers College, Kano State from 1959 – 1961. I also attended Katsina Grade II Teachers College from 1963-1964.
- I was employed by Kano Native Authority Department of Education in 1962.
- I also worked in Eastern Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (Enugu) as a News Caster/Reporter in 1965 – 1966.
- Thereafter, I became a Branch Manager, G.B Ollivant, a division of UAC Plc, Katsina from 1968 – 1974.
- In the same year, I became a Product Group Manager at the headquarters in Lagos.
- I became Northern Sales Coordinator, In-charge of Marketing Operations, for the Northern States and was based in Kano from 1974 to 1978.
- I also became Northern Area Manager, In-charge of both Marketing and Administration, for Northern States and was based in Kano from 1978 – 1980.
I underwent some courses such as:
- Management Development Course, UAC Train School, Lagos in 1968,
- Management Development Course Ashirdge Course NIM, Lagos in 1973,
- Advance Management Course, NIM, Ibadan University sponsored in 1974,
- Senior Executive Development Course Sundrigdo U.K in 1975.
- Chairman – Greek Northern Training Company Ltd
- Director – United Nigerian Insurance Company Ltd
- Director – New Nigerian Newspapers Company Ltd
- Director – Nigerian Mining Corporation
- Director – Pipeline Product Marketing Company Ltd
- Chairman – Owena Oil and Gas Company Nigerian Ltd.
- Chairman – Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano
- Chairman – Federal Medical Centre, Azare, Bauchi State
- Chairman/Managing Director – ITASS Nigerian Ltd