Prof Lami H. Lombin - Board Chairman (2013-2015)
She was born on 25th November, 1952 and hails from Plateau State.
- 1964-1968 : Government Girl's College Dala Kano (West African School Certificate)
- 1969-1970 : Government Girl's College Dala, Kano Higher School Certificate
- 1971-1976 : University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- 1979-1981 : University of Guelph, Canada Master of Science
- 1982-1988 : Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Doctor of Philosophy
- 1997 : ARMTI Ilorin/ National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) Hyderabad India.
- National Youth Service - 1976-1977
- Lecturer II (ABU, Zaria) - July, 1977
- Lecturer I (ABU, Zaria) - October 1980
- Senior Lecturer (ABU, Zaria) - October 1985-1991
- Commissioner for Health, Plateau State - 1986-1990
- Assistant Director (NVRI, Vom) - 1991- 2001
- Director (NVRI, Vom) - June 29, 2001 – May 2005
- Executive Director (NVRI, Vom) - June 2005 - June, 2010
- Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (on sabbatical) - Sept., 2010 – June, 2012
- Professor of Veterinary Public Health and Pioneer Dean, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Jos - July, 2012 - Date
DETAILS OF PUBLIC SERVICE EXPERIENCE
- Commissioner for Health/Chairman Hospitals Management Board, Plateau State and Member of the Plateau State Executive Council (1987-1990)
- Government Appointed Member, Caretaker Committee of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Plateau State (November 1992 - May 1993).
- Member, Governing Council of the Federal University of Technology Yola (1990-1996).
- Consultant, World Health Organization (1990-1992).
- Member, Board of Directors, College of Agriculture Lafia (1991-1992).
- Member, Assessment Committee on Inventors/Innovators (1991-1992).
- Member Visitation Panel to the College of Education Gindiri (March - April 2000).
- Chairman Investigation Committee on the Financial and Administrative Affairs of the Christian Health Association of Nigeria (CHAN) March - May 2000.
- Member Plateau State Transition Committee (Sub-Committee on Agriculture)(April, 1999).
- Member Sub-Committee on Review of Biosafety Guidelines for Nigeria. (June, 2000).
- Member Committee on Nigeria’s Livestock and Standards of Veterinary Services Infrastructure Nationwide (October 2000 - March 2001).
- Elected Member of Council - Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN), 1997 - 2001.
- Member - Post Graduate Fellowship Award Committee for selection of Foundation Fellows of the College of Veterinary Surgeons. (1992-1994).
- President - Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association (1995 – 1998) and (1998 – 2001).
- Assistant Director (Research) National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom (1991 - to June 2001).
- Director, National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom (June 29, 2001 – May, 2005).
- Executive Director, National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom (June, 2005 to 2010).
- Chairman Committee of Directors of Research Institutes in Nigeria, CODRI (2006 – 2010).
- Member Implementation Committee on the construction of Cultural Centre. (2004-2007).
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Federal Medical Centre, Azare, Bauchi State - (2013–2015).
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
* Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association
* International Organization of Mycoplasmology
- Address: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, P.M.B.2084, University of Jos, Jos, Nigeria
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org