ALH. ADAMU GARBA TALBA
Board Chairman (2005-2007)
He was born in Tikau Village of Nangere Local Government Area of Yobe State in 1952.
He started his Primary and Secondary School education in Potiskum from 1967/72. After that he taught at Bauchi Teachers College (Pivotal Section) for 2 years. He also taught in many Primary and Secondary School in Potiskum and Nangere Local Government, Yobe State. He obtained a diploma from the Plateau State College of Management Studies Jos in 1990 – 1992.
He joined active politics in 1982, and held number of public offices. He served in various capacities at different times:
- He was a councilor in Nangere Local Government in 1989.
- He became the Commissioner for Health, Yobe State in 1992.
- He was a Director NNDC from 1994 – 1996.
- He was also elected twice as Executive Chairman of Nangere Local Government Council from 1997 – 1998 and 1999 – 2003.
- He became the chairman Board of Management of Federal Medical Centre Azare, from 2005 – 2007.