The Dental Surgery Department is under Clinical Service situated at permanent site (Bamako). The Department has a Surgery Room, X-Ray Room and Waiting Area. The Department has three units:
- Preventive and Child Dental Health
- Deals with procedures aim at optimizing oral health and curtailing development of Oral disease e.g Scaling, Polishing and Oral health education while Child Dental health is concerned with procedures aimed at promoting development of good dentition and management of childhood oral conditions.
- The Unit Deals with the fabrication of removable partial dentures, temporary and permanent restorations, root canal treatment, etc.
- Oral and Maxillofacial
- The Unit Deals with the management of oral lesions & pathologies such as Ludwing's angina, trauma & Neoplasms, etc.
The Dental Surgery Department offer services in the areas of:
- Preventive Dentistry
- Child Dental Health
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and pathology
- Restorative Dentistry
The Department runs its clinic from 8am - 4pm from Mondays - Fridays at FMC New Site (Bamako), with emergency cases being catered for at the A&E Ward after working hours and during weekends. Patients are seen as outpatients, with admissions made in the Male and Female Surgical Wards of the Centre for surgery and care.Artificial teeth in development
Services are rendered in line with universal safety precautions for our patients and health personel. Prices varies from time to time.
HEAD OF DENTAL DEPARTMENT
The Department is headed by Dr. Aliyu Said Abdullahi
Dr. Aliyu Said Abdullahi hails from Tilden Fulani in Toro LG of Bauchi State.He schooled in Tilden Fulani Primary School from 1979-85, Government Junior Secondary School Tilden Fulani (1986-87) then Government Senior Secondary School Darazo, finishing in 1997. He then studied at the School of Nursing Bauchi from 1994 - 1997 graduating as a Registered Nurse and was later employed as a Nurse with the Bauchi State Civil Service.
In 2002 he got admitted to University of Maiduguri on in-service training and graduated as a Dental Surgeon in 2011. Upon returning to Bauchi State he worked as Dental Surgeon in charge of Dental Surgery Department of General Hospitals Azare and Toro from 2013 - 2017. He joined the service of Federal Medical Center Azare in 2017 as Dental Officer and was later appointed as HOD.
He is married with children.