HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dr. Aliyu Said Abdullahi hails from Tilden Fulani in Toro LG of Bauchi State.
He schooled in Tilden Fulani Primary School from 1979-85, Government Junior Secondary School Tilden Fulani (1986-87) then Government Senior Secondary School Darazo, finishing in 1997. He then studied at the School of NUrsing Bauchi from 1994-97 graduating as a Registered NUrse and was later employed as a Nurse with the Bauchi State Civil Service.
In 2002 he got admitted to University of Maiduguri on in-service training and graduated as a dental surgeon in 2011. Upon returning to Bauchi state he worked as Dental surgeon in charge of Dental Surgery Department of General Hospitals Azare and Toro from 2013 to 2017. He joined the service of Federal Medical Center Azare in 2017 as Dental Officer and was later appointed as acting HOD in same year.
He is married with children.
The Dental Surgery Department deals with the preventive and curative procedures of oral diseases while promoting a greater awareness of oral health.
The Department is made up of four (4) main arms:
- Oral & Maxilofacial Surgery/Pathology:
- Dealing with the management of oral lesions & pathologies such as Ludwing's angina, trauma & Neoplasms, etc.
- Restorative Dentistry:
- Dealing with the fabrication of removable partial dentures, temporary and permanent restorations, root canal treatment, etc.
- Preventive Dentistry:
- Deals with procedures aim at optimizing oral health and curtailing development of Oral disease e.g Scaling, Polishing and Oral health education e.t.c.
- Child Dental Health:
- is concerned with procedures aimed at promoting development of good dentition and management of childhood oral conditions
The Department runs its clinic from 8am to 4pm from Mondays - Fridays at FMC New Site, with emergency cases being catered for at the A&E Ward after working hours and during weekends. Patients are seen as outpatients, with admissions made in the Male and Female Surgical Wards of the Centre for surgery and care.
- Scaling & polishing of teeth
- periodontal treatment
- Temporary restoration for therapeutic resons
- Tooth coloured restoration procedures e.g G.I.C fillings
- Amalgam restoration 6. Root canal treatment
- Cementation of jacket crown 8. Fabrication of removable partial dentures
- Dental Radiology [periapical and occlusal
- Tooth extractions[routine & surgical
- Minor surgires e.g [local excision of soft tissue mass
- Incision&Drainage of Abscesses
- Splinting of teeth
- Inter maxillary fixation of jaws
- Operculectomy,frenectomy& soft tissue repair etc
A list of procedures currently carried out at the dental centre is as follows
Services are rendered in line with universal safety precautions for our patients and health personel.