Dietetics Unit takes care of both in and outpatents with disease-related conditions. The Unit is concerned with the promotion of good health through proper nutrition habits, regulation of diet, identifying nutritional problems, providing a diet plan and counseling patients on diet modification.
Nutritional Counseling is a form of help given to patients at all stages of health, before, during and after a phase of disease condition. It takes many forms, including general counseling, one-to-one counseling and food demonstration.
The services offered include:
- Health talk for patients at the outpatient departments (GOPD, NHIS, MOPD and POPD).
- Heath talks for pregnant women during antenatal clinic days.
- Counseling of inpatients on proper dieting during and after ward rounds.
- Preparation of therapeutic plan diet for both children and adults.
- Counseling of mothers on the needs for good nutrition, during and after admission using local available food items.
- Community Outreach service to community hospitals and health centers.
This is a way of providing nutritional help at the various stages of their sickness. As highlighted above, patients require active counseling when they are admitted and after their discharge to maintain good health.