HEAD OF ESTABLISHMENT UNIT
The Establishment Unit is one of the core units under Administration Department and the unit is sub divided into five (5) major sections as outlined below:
- Senior Staff Establishment Section.
- Junior Staff Establishment Section.
- Leave Matters
- Pension Desk.
- Norminal Roll Desk
- Open Registry.
- Secret Registry.
- Secreteriate Pool
The Establishment Unit generally performs the following functions:
- Coordinating recruitment exercise for employing staff, House Officers and Interns.
- Coordinating promotion exercise for staff.
- Preparing yearly leave roster for staff.
- Handling staff disciplinary matters.
- Safe keeping of staff records and other Centre documents in the Registry.
- Drafting internal memos and external correspondences on establishments issues.
- Writing briefs and minuting files.
- Liaising with Pension Fund Administrators, Pension Commission on staff pension matters, processing staff retirement and death benefits.
- Preparing yearly manpower budget proposal of the Centre.
- In attendance at the Senior Staff Appointments, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee (SAP and DC).
- Secretary to the manning level committee.
- Secretary to Junior Staff Appointments, Promotions and Disciplinary Committee (JAP and DC).
The Centre presently has a total of 1327 Staff comprising 829 Senior, and 498 Junior, Staff.
In Nigeria, the pension Reform Act 2004 (PRA) governs the framework and procedure for pensions. The PRA establishes a contributory Pension Scheme. The Act was repeals in the year 2014 by PRA 2014 whereby the employers and the employees contribute minimum percentages of the employees' salaries to the scheme every month. The minimum contribution of the employer is 10% and 80& for the employee.
Upon retirement the individual is able to utilize the amount credited to his retirement Savings Account for the following benefit:-
- Withdraw a lumpsum from the total amount.
- Programmed Monthly or Quarterly withdrawals.
The Federal Medical Center Azare has being in practice of this scheme (i.e PRA) and a lot has retired from the service of the center and almost all received their pension benefit. The Pension Desk is charged with the responsibility of Management the pensopn arrangements of the center's staff.
OPEN & SECRET REGISTRY
Registry is a unit under establishment in the center, where administrative records are kept, for smooth running of the organization. Registry is all about information and record keeping of open and secret mails, receiving and dispatching of mails and save the record of each staff of the center, both open and secret for serving and retired staff of the organization for reference purposes. These record are often referred to as mails which are in various categories of files/cabinets.
FUNCTIONS OF REGISTRY
- Keeping all information both open and secret.
- Receiving of incoming mails.
- Dispatching of mails.
- File Tracing.
- Drafting of letters/Memos.
- Conveying of all categories of leave.
- Sorting of files.
- Documentation of newly employed staff.
- Indexing, among others.