The Establishment Unit is one of the core units under Administration Department and the unit is sub divided into five (5) major sections as outlined below:
- Senior Staff Establishment Section.
- Junior Staff Establishment Section.
- Pension Desk.
- Open Registry.
- Secret Registry.
The Establishment Unit generally performs the following functions:
- Coordinating recruitment exercise for employing staff, House Officers and Interns.
- Coordinating promotion exercise for staff.
- Preparing yearly leave roster for staff.
- Handling staff disciplinary matters.
- Safe keeping of staff records and other Centre documents in the Registry.
- Drafting internal memos and external correspondences on establishments issues.
- Writing briefs and minuting files.
- Liaising with Pension Fund Administrators, Pension Commission on staff pension matters, processing staff retirement and death benefits.
- Preparing yearly manpower budget proposal of the Centre.
- In attendance at the Senior Staff Appointments, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee (SAP and DC).
- Secretary to the manning level committee.
- Secretary to Junior Staff Appointments, Promotions and Disciplinary Committee (JAP and DC).
The Centre presently has a total of 1230 Staff comprising 677 Senior, and 553 Junior, Staff.