The Establishment Unit is one of the core units under Administration Department of the Centre and the unit is sub divided into six (6) major sections as outlined below:
- Senior Staff Establishment Section.
- Junior Staff Establishment Section.
- Pension Desk Section.
- Open Registry.
- Secret Registry.
- Secretarial Pool
NOMINAL ROLL DESK
Nominal roll desk is a section under Establishment Unit, chaired by an Admin Officer II and supervised by the Head of Establishement saddle with the following responsibilities:
- Safe keeping of center's Nominal Roll
- Regular update of staff information in the Nominal Roll
- Extracting list of staff that are due for promotion exercise
Secretarial Pool is a section under the Administration Department, headed by an Assistant Chief Confidential Secretary and supervised by the Head of Establishement with the following responsibilities:
- Timely posting of a secretary to relieve those on annual/casual leaves
- Typing of official documents from various Departments/Units that have no secretarial staff and equipment
- Photocopy of official documents from various Departments/Units
- Spiral binding of official documents
The Establishment Unit generally performs the following functions:
- Coordinating recruitment exercise for employing staff, House Officers and Interns.
- Coordinating promotion exercise for staff.
- Preparing yearly leave roster for staff.
- Handling staff disciplinary matters.
- Safe keeping of staff records and other Centre documents in the Registry.
- Drafting internal memos and external correspondences on establishments issues.
- Writing briefs and minuting files.
- Liaising with Pension Fund Administrators, Pension Commission on staff pension matters, processing staff retirement and death benefits.
- Preparing yearly manpower budget proposal of the Centre.
- In attendance at the Senior Staff Appointments, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee (SAP and DC).
- Secretary to the manning level committee.
- Secretary to Junior Staff Appointments, Promotions and Disciplinary Committee (JAP and DC).
The Centre presently has a total of 1415 Staff comprising 1010 Senior, and 405 Junior, Staff.The Unit is Headed by: Malal Yusuf Shuaibu