FINANCE AND SUPPLIES DEPARTMENT
The Department of Finance and Supplies FMC Azare, part of the Adminstrative Directorate, is saddled with the responsibility of managing all the financial resources of the hospital.
It ensures an efficient and effective acquisition and utilization of financial resources. The department is headed by Assistant Director who co-ordinates all the financial activities of the Hospital. He signs all schedules of payments, attends to all management meetings and other activities involving finances in the Centre. The Head of department is assisted by an Assistant Chief Accountant who assists in over-seeing the overall activities in the department.
The department is divided into two (2) namely, Accounts and Stores with further sub-division into various units each supervised by Unit Heads each.
GERNERAL SERVICES PROVIDED
These include the following:
- Ensure prompt payment of bills, e.g. wage bill, utility bills, contract etc.
- Collection and receipting of hospital fees and prompt remittance to bank.
- Receiving and issuance of store items and safe custody of centers assets and other materials.
- Financial recording of all capitations from NHIS and Retainer ship clients.
- Preparation of Centre’s recurrent and capital budgets.
- Preparation of Centre’s financial statement as a statutory duty.
The departments ensure prompt attention to clients. To achieve this, the department is decentralized into several sub units under revenue and billing units of the department. These sub-units are:
- Revenue collector in main pharmacy to carter for drugs, theatre and radiology service fees. (2collectiors during morning shift)-revenue collector in the accident and emergency unit to take care of all emergency cases on 24 hours basis.
- Revenue collector at new permanent site to attend to out patients from 8am-6pm on Monday to Friday. (4 collectors at 2 points).
- Billing units, which takes care of all patient admission deposits and refund of balances to patients through updating of patients admission deposit ledger, where billing clerks go round wards on 24hours basis to ensure compliance.
The department is headed by Mal Lamara Zailani, an Assistant Chief Accountant.
Click here to learn more about the structure and duties of the department.