The Medical Library is the intellectual center of the hospital, providing reading materials in all disciplines for staff. It is headed by Ibrahim Khalil Datti, CLN, a Principal Librarian.
The library’s mission is to provide staff with current and broad spectrum information resources to support medical research needs of `the hospital, in order to boost effective and efficient service delivery to clients. To fulfill this mission with effectiveness and efficiency, the library is committed to the following:
- Build collection and create tools to support medical research.
- Provide access to research materials through use of local and external information resources.
- Create new ideas through the use of ICT to adapt to new information systems.
- Ensure preservation of library resources to stay long in use.
- Develop, encourage skills, commitment, sustain expertise, and innovative spirit in its staff.
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environment for study, and research activities.
the Library provides the following services to its patrons: <
- Provision of free access to information resources to all categories of users, staff or otherwise.
- Conducive reading atmosphere to enhance research and learning.
- Book loan service to registered users of the library.
- Sustain subscription of medical journal and related information materials.
- Provision of Local Area Network within the Library.
- Presevation and conservation of library holdings.
The Library has 2 professional librarians, a staff undergoing library science degree programme and 5 support staff.
HOURS OF SERVICE:
The library renders services to the staff with two shift i.e. morning and evening shift as follows:
Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
STATUS OF LIBRARY COLLECTIONS:
The library holdings are mostly medical books while others were, finance, Administrative, computer and other related discipline with also a reasonable number of journals, government publications and many staff research works.
- Relatively small and quiet library with personalized seating for privacy.
- Sufficient seating and writing materials.
- Medical books.
- Serial publications.
- Reference materials.
- Modern double-sided shelves.
- Separate magazine stand.
STATUS OF LIBRARY COLLECTIONS
The Library collections are mostly medical books and journals and other topics like finance, administration, IT. We also collect a sizable number of medical journals, government publications and research works, etc.