The Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) Secretariat otherwise known as the Clinical Services and Training Unit is under the Directorate of Clinical Services.
The staff consists of Asst. Director Admin., Admin Officers, Executive Officers, Con-Secs and Clerical Officers who are originally Admin staff but operationally on posting to the Clinical Services.
The Units performs the following functions:
- Coordinating Training matters (Short Courses, Long Courses, IT, SIWES Practicals and Internship).
- Servicing of meetings of the following standing Committees:
- Top Management Committee (TMC).
- Medical Advisory Committee (MAC).
- Training Committee (TC).
- Drugs Revolving Funds Committee (DRFC).
- Hospital Services Revolving Funds Coordinating Committee (HSRFCC).
- Hospital Clinical Presentation Committee(HCPC).
- HIV Committee.
- Sports Committee.
- Ethics and Research Committee
- Security Committee
- Infection Prevention and Control Committee
- Blood Transfusion Committee
- Accreditation Committee etc
MAC Unit is headed by the Asst. Director Admin. as part of his schedules.