DR UMAR FAROUQ IBRAHIM, OON
SECOND MEDICAL DIRECTOR (2002-2011)
DR. Umar F. Ibrahim was born on 26th March, 1955 at Azare in Katagum L.G.A. of Bauchi State.
- 1960 – 1967 Primary School at Disina, Bauchi State
- 1968 – 1972 Government College Kaduna
- 1973 – June, 1974 Higher School Certificate, Government Secondary School Yola
- September 1974 – June 1979 Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (Medical School)
- December 1966 - First School Leaving Certificate
- December, 1972 - West African School Certificate
- June, 1974- Higher School Certificate
- June, 1979 - MBBS from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- February, 1985 - Diploma in Ophthalmology, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Dublin
- October, 1988 - FRCSEd. Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.
- October, 1989 - FRCOphth. Royal College of Ophthalmologists, United Kingdom.
- March 2003 - FWACS – Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons
- June 2004 - FICS – Fellow of the International College of Surgeons
- July 2005 - FMCOphth: Fellow of the Nigerian Postgraduate Medical College in Ophthalmology
- July, 1979 l - March, 1980 - Pre-registration House Officer, Specialist Hospital, Bauchi, Nigeria
- 1st April, 1980 to 22nd June, 1980 - Pre-registration House Officer, (Paediatrics) Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Kaduna, Nigeria
- 1980 – 1981 - National Youth Service Corps. Iworo-Oka, Akoko South LGA, Ondo State, Nigeria
- Jan., 1981 – June, 1981 - Medical Officer of Health, Akoko South LGA, Ondo State, Nigeria
- 1980 – December 1980 - General Duties in General Hospital, Iwaro-Oka, Akoko
- July, 1981 – June, 1982 - Senior House Officer (Ophthalmology) Guinness Ophthalmologic Unit, Ahmadu Bello University, Kaduna, Nigeria.
- July, 1982 – February, 1983 - Registrar (Ophthalmology) Specialist Hospital, Bauchi, Nigeria
- March, 1983 - Dec., 1983 - Registrar (Ophthalmology) General Hospital, Azare, Nigeria
- Jan., 1984 – June, 1986 - Clinical attachment, Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology, Western Infirmary, Glasgow
- 22nd May, 1986 – 19th June, 1986 - Locum S. H. O. (Ophthalmology), Leighton Hospital, Crewe, Cheshire
- 1st July, 1986 – 22nd Feb., 1987 - S. H. O. (Ophthalmology), General Hospital Northampton
- 23rd Feb., 1987 – 10th July, 1988 - S. H. O. (Ophthalmology), Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee.
- 11th July, 1988 – 30th June 1989 - Registrar in Ophthalmology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee
- July 1989 – August 1990 - Consultant Ophthalmologist, Specialist Hospital, Bauchi, Nigeria
- September 1990 – September 1991
- Consultant Ophthalmologist and Head of Department – Community Ophthalmology, National Eye Centre, Kaduna, Nigeria.
- National Co-ordinator – Prevention of Blindness Programme, National Eye Centre, Kaduna.
- Project Ophthalmologist. IVERMECTIN TRIAL for Onchocerciases in Kaduna State.
- Honorary Consultant Ophthalmologist, Guinness Ophthalmic Unit, Kaduna.
- October 1991 – May 2001 - Consultant Ophthalmologist, General Hospital, Bajurashi, AL-BAHA, Saudi Arabia.
- June 2001 – 15 August 2002 - Chief Consultant Ophthalmologist, Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano.
- 15th August 2002 – 17th Nov 2011 - Medical Director, Federal Medical Centre, Azare. This is one of the new Tertiary Institutions established by the Federal Government. The Medical Director was the Chief Executive Officer and also the Chief Consultant Ophthalmologist.
- 1st December 2011—Date - Chief Consultant Ophthalmologist. Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano.
OON: - Officer of the Order of the Niger - December 2006
- DINMA - Development in Nigeria Merit Award – 2006 - Developmental Achievements in Nigeria Merit Award – Dec. 2005
- DLINGA - Distinguished Leadership in National Development Gold Award May 2006
- Nigerian Topleaders - Nigerian Religious Leadership Merit Award 2007
- Distinguished Nation Builders Merit Gold Award August. 2006.
PROFESSIONAL BODIES MEMBERSHIP
- MNIM Member of the Nigerian Institute of Management – 2003
- MIMC Member Institute of Management Consultants - 2004
- MICEN Member of the Institute of Corporate Chief Executives in Nigeria – May 2003
- FICEN Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Chief Executives – March 2005
- SFIIAN Senior Fellow of the Institute of Internal Auditors of Nigeria September 2003
- FCIPA Fellow of Certified Institute of Public Administrators Ghana – July 2008
- FCIPA Fellow of Certified Institute of Public Administrators Nigeria – December 2007
- Member, White Paper Committee on “Report of the Committee on Strengthening the Management and Coordination of Federal Tertiary Health Institutions”
- Executive Committee Member, Committee of CEO of Federal Tertiary Hospitals - 2005 – 2009
- Member, Committee for the Establishment of Teaching Hospital in Bauchi.
- Member, Committee for the Take-Off of College of Medicine, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Member, Faculty Board, Ophthalmology – WACS 2009 -2013
- Chairman Board of Management, Federal Medical Centre, Ido-Ekiti, Ekiti State
He is married and blessed with 11 children (8 boys and 3 girls).
P. O. Box 4852, Kano
Email; firstname.lastname@example.org/uk, email@example.com