NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME (NHIS)
Health Insurance is a security system that guarantees the provision of needed health services to persons on the payment of token contributions at regular interval. NHIS is a body set up by decree 35, of 1999 (Now Act,35) operating as public partership and directed at providing accessible, affordable and qualitative healthcare for all Nigerians. The programme was launched by the government in June 2005, and NHIS FMC Azare started in operation in Jaunary 2006.
Clinical Staff, Record Staff, Desk officers & Accountants.
- Clinical Section - Consultant Physician, 3 Medical Officers, 4 Nursing staff and 4 Substaffs.
- Record Section - Three (3) Clerical Officers
- Desk Officers - Two (2) Desk Officers, 2 Supporting Secretariat staff
- Accounts Section - 2 Accountants
- Regulating NHIS activities between the Centre and the Health Maintenance Organizations such as:
- Capitation fee
- Fee for Service
- Consultation Services
- Laboratory Services
- Pharmaceutical Services
- Radiology Services
- Medical Services
- Surgical services
- ENT Services
- Dental Services
- Ophthalmology Services
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Services
- Paediatrics Services
- Physiotherapy Services
- Optometric etc.
The NHIS clinic is headed by Dr. Aliyu M. Maigoro, a consultant in Public Health and a fellow of the West African College of Physicians.