DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
The department is one of the major clinical department in the Centre It has the following functional units:
- Gynaecology Clinic
- Postnatal Clinic
- Reproductive Health Clinic
- Antenatal Clinic
- Eclamptic Ward
- Gynaecology Emergency Unit
- Gynaecology Ward
- Postnatal Ward
- Antenatal Ward
- Labour Ward
- 4 Specialist/Consultant Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- 3 Senior Registrars
- 1 Principal Medical Officer
- 1 Senior Medical Officers
- 4 Junior Residents
- House-Officers on rotation
Details of services provided:
The department provides elective specialist surgical procedures in Obstetrics and Gynecology every Thursday withiin the limit of our resources and expertise.
Research and TrainingThe department has in addition to House Officers, and partial accreditation of West Africa College of Surgeons for residency training. In line with this, the department conducts:
- Daily post call morning reviews except Thursday.
- Departmental academic presentation every Friday.
- Grand-ward round for bed-site teaching every Tuesday.
- Monthly departmental Mortality/Morbidity review for audit.
- Joint departmental Perinatal/Morbidity and Mortality review with Paediatrics Department.
OTHER IN PROGRESS
- Establishment of minimum access Surgical Unit for which Management is planning to acquire laparoscopy and hysterescopy set and two Doctors are set to be sent for training.