The Ophthalmology Department is responsible for treatment and care of eye ailments including surgery and other procedures. In addition, the Optometry section conducts eye testing and issues glasses as required.
The following are the services offered to the general public in the Ophthalmology department:
- Consultation on various Eye Ailments.
- Medical Treatment of Eye Diseases.
- Refraction (Optical Correction of Refractive Errors)
- Optical Dispensing Services (Lens fitting, tinting, polishing, repairs and sales OF frames)
- visual field Assessment (For glucoma, other optic nervehead disesse/retina)
- Goniscopy (differentiate angle open from angle closed glucoma)
- Funduscopy (direct and indirect)for various retinal diseases assessement
- Other slit lamp biomicoscopy (foreign body, cornea assessement)
- New patients/Follow up:
- Cataract Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery (trabeculectomy)
- Evisceration + Orbital Implant
- Enucleation + Orbital Implant
- Pterygium Excision
- corneal repair
- Entropion Correction
- Ectropion Correction
- Granuloma Excition
- Lacrimal Probing and Syringing
- Ptosis Repair