DEPARTMENT OF RADIOLOGY
The Department is headed by a Consultant Radiologist supported by a team of other Consultant Radiologists, Medical Officers, Radiographers and technicians. Services are provided daily under 6 broad units as follows:
SECTIONS AND SERVICES
This involves the use of ultrasound machines for the study of the following body parts:
- Musculo-skeletal scan,
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology,
- abdominal scan,
- pelvic scan,
- chest ultrasonography,
- ocular scan,
- vascular scan (doppler study),
- breast scan,
- scrotal scan, etc.
The machines available are portable machines, 6D Mindray Ultrasonography and the new 4D GE ultrasound machines. The last two machines have doppler capabilities:
There are three ranges of x-ray machines in use, namely: Conventional, Computed Radiography and Digital (Direct) Radiography.
These are used for all types of x-ray radiographic studies, e.g. musculo-skeletal, special procedures such as Hysterosalpingography (HSG), Urethrography (RUG and MCUG), etc. Special procedures such as HSG, RUG etc, are carried out on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Breast screening for lesions such as malignancies which is done with modified x-ray, using low energy machines.
This is a dynamic study (imaging) which may employ the use of contrast media. Examples of such studies include Barium Studies (meal, enema, etc), HSG, and others.
C.T. (Computed Tomography)
The CT scan also utilizes modified x-ray cross-sectional machine. All parts of the body are subject to CT scan.
MRI is expected to be available in the near future.
Dr. Sam D. Dawha, HOD/Consultant Radiologist
The department is headed by Dr. Sam D. Dawha, born on 14th may 1975 at Hawul Local Government area of Borno state. His special Interest is in Neuro-vascular imaging.
- MBBS University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital Borno State 2003
- Resident Training at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex Ile-Ife Osun state with Fellowship in Radiolognosis in West African College and Membership of the National Post Graduate Medical College of Nigeria (FWACS 2013)
- Member of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Dr. Muhammad A. Madu (Senior Consultant Radiologist)
He has served more than once as the Head of Clinical Services of the Centre. He is from Biu in Borno State and was born in 1964.
Dr. Muhammad Auwal Muhammad
Born 27th September 1975 at Potiskum in Yobe State.
- MBBS at University of Maiduguri - 2004
- Residency training at the Unimaid, graduated 2016
- Fellow, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (FMCR 2016)
His special interest is Abdominal Radiology.