SERVICOM (Service Compact with all Nigerians) was created in 2003 when the government of the federation observed that the public were being shortchanged by the quality of public services. The core provision of SERVICOM as established in the beginning is: We dedicate ourselves to providing the basic services to which each citizen is entitled in a timely, fair, honest, effective and transparent manner. Thus, SERVICOM became a national institution.
The FMC Azare chapter of SERVICOM was launched on Friday, April 29th, 2005. It handles complaints on service failure from clients and has organized sensitization workshops for the Center's staff on how best to give client satisfaction in a timely fashion.
SERVICOM is headed by Dr. Bala Tukur Rano, a Consultant Ophthalmologist and Head of Department of Ophthalmology Department, after the retirement of its first HOD, Mal Bakari Uba, former Ag. Head of Administration.
Clients are required to lodge their complaints when service delivery fails through any of the following methods:
- Seek redress from the head of the service point or provider, for example, the HOD Pharmacy in a case involving staff of the Pharmacy Department, or
- Write or put a complaint/petition in the SERVICOM suggestion box for the attention of Management, or
- Meet face to face with any of the SERVICOM personnel below:
- Dr. Bala Tukur Rano (Ophthalmology Dept) - SERVICOM Nodal Officer (08036657849)
- Alh. Adamu Alhaji (Nursing Services) - Services Improvement Desk Officer (08065651406)
- Mal Yusuf Shu'aibu (Establishment Unit) - Charter Desk Officer (08034150096)
- Mal Nasiru Mustapha (Medical Social Work) - Customer Care/Complaint Desk Officer (08036892083)
- All complaints, verbal or written are attended promptly and a reply is normally given within 2 weeks of lodging.